- Bites from bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and fire ants are typically the most troublesome.
- The insects most likely to cause allergic reactions are wasps, honeybees, hornets, yellow jackets and ants.
- South African paper wasps, or hornets as they are also called, are often encountered underneath overhangs such as the eaves of roofs but do not form very big groups.
- A grasshopper materialized, then several hornets, two shiny black wasps, a drab brown damselfly, and a large azure-blue dragonfly.
- Insects such as bees, wasps and hornets inject a venom into the skin when they sting us, which can cause pain, swelling and itchiness in the area.