In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carreras de caballos femeninohípica femenino
- He photographed horse racing and was well known for his confirmation shots of horses.
- Kuwait has also had international success in the traditional sport of horse racing.
- Nor were they welcomed in the more dangerous sports of skiing, motor racing, sailing and horse racing.
- Some had sporting themes such as horse racing or football, and prizes would vary from a packet of fruit gums to a pack of cigarettes.
- Perhaps this type of punching was once the sport of kings, just as horse racing is said to be the sport of kings today.
- The use of drugs is the subject of more detailed study, and far greater checks, in the world of horse racing than in show jumping.
- The Racing Post is the paper of record for the sport of horse racing.
- He never lost his love for Ireland or, indeed, the passion for his favourite sport, horse racing.
- The information will be on the Nextel Wireless sports page under the heading horse racing.
- As his fortune expanded, he retained a love of horse racing, particularly National Hunt.
- One of his major passions is horse racing and one of his goals is to be a race commentator.
- He would build a racetrack, the finest in the world, and bring horse racing back to California.
- The body was set up by large sports centres and is intended to establish horse racing in Israel with an organised set of rules and a clean public image.
- Individuals are able to bet on horse racing, greyhound racing and other sporting events.
- He had a great fondness for horse racing and bred race horses which were his pride and joy.
- Camel racing and horse racing have been popular events for thousands of years.
- Ten Sports TV station in India has added a new show about horse racing to its weekly lineup.
- It's also planned to extend the technology to other sports, such as horse racing and American football.
- The event included horse racing, helicopter rides, ferret racing and falconry displays.
- He was interested in all sports, especially hurling, soccer and horse racing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.