In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1habilidad en el manejo del caballo femenino
- The former panel beater from Swindon was champion jockey seven times and was renowned for his graceful riding style and superb horsemanship.
- If you're a devotee of the classic skills of haute école horsemanship, then the famed Lippizaner horses at the Winter Riding School are not to be missed.
- I found Karen Brown in Bandera at Solitaire Ranch, and she explained natural horsemanship to me.
- I could make a blanket statement that lead shanks with chains are bad for horses or that they're a sign of poor horsemanship.
- From his earliest days of riding Dolly his horsemanship was superb.
- Beverly Brooks Solter, who was known for her integrity and horsemanship, died of cancer on Tuesday at her farm in Upperco, Maryland.
- Good breeding is a vital element in Flat racing and Eddery himself has horsemanship in his genes, being the son of Irish champion jockey Jimmy.
- Good horsemanship is critical to success in any horse-related sport.
- When he encountered a problem he couldn't figure out, he would consult with tribal elders who were versed in the ‘old ways’ of horsemanship.
- Dr. Thomas Ritter is one of a very exclusive group of people in the United States dedicated to the preservation of the classical art of horsemanship.
- Two British gold-medal-winning athletes from the Athens Paralympics will be taking part in a display of horsemanship at this year's Grand National meeting.
- He said he wants his students to learn horsemanship in addition to riding skills, as he did under trainer Odie Clelland.
- Cowboy mounted shooting is a combination of reining, barrel racing, and horsemanship, while shooting at balloon targets.
- But, ultimately, games are won by superior horsemanship.
- Her show achievements include numerous regional championships in stock seat equitation and regional reserves in horsemanship and showmanship.
- It is a rugged contact sport that demands great horsemanship, balance and ball-handling skills from the human combatants.
- He and Pat hit it off and Dave began studying natural horsemanship in earnest.
- But there is little doubt that Culloty's horsemanship has improved over the last couple of seasons - and a lot of the credit must go to Knight's husband, Terry Biddlecombe.
- This must rank as the best horsemanship in the race at a time prior to the modifications of the fences.
- Despite his youth and relative inexperience, he has shown mature horsemanship in his races, most notably on the first day of 2003.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.