In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bolsa de agua caliente femenino
- Early in 1929, Dorothy accidentally burned Jane with a hot-water bottle.
- Use a hot-water bottle, or warm a sock filled with grain or flaxseed heated to a comfortably warm temperature in the microwave or oven.
- We're warm now, and hot-water bottles are no more.
- Exhausted by my travels, and comforted by a hot-water bottle found unexpectedly in my bed, I have overslept.
- From time to time, someone would bring me a hot-water bottle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.