In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Overall, it appears that the majority of residents in Kiltimagh are quite house-proud and take a lot of care of their own premises.
- That plan would affect homeowners too, of course, and so we're once again hearing the odd piece of indignant commentary from staid house-proud folks and lawn-care business operators.
- Overall, Beladd was a tidy and house-proud neighbourhood.
- I am super, super house-proud and the last thing I want is mess.
- Yet he is fiercely house-proud and is happy to receive visitors.
- Auden could never have been described as house-proud, but when he arrived on October 1, even he was dismayed to find rooms filled with plaster dust, and dirty dishes piled in the bathtub.
- And, while she remains immensely house-proud and active, now he has gone she admits she is nervous - scared of injuring herself in a way which would affect her ability to be independent.
- Leather may be the obvious choice in flooring for the house-proud festishist.
- I'm house-proud anyway but it has been mad rushing around making everything right for the TV cameras.
- It is like being welcomed into the front parlour of some house-proud family.
- If you're the house-proud type then you probably don't want to look at these pictures - they're bad, really bad.
- They were raised by an obsessively house-proud mother and a violent drunkard of a father.
- If you are particularly house-proud and can't bear the thought of a dog helping to make everything untidy, then you would be better off not owning a Doberman.
- Her obsessively house-proud mother had her future mapped.
- Her wit, house-proud manner and no-nonsense attitude really capture the audience's attention.
- And also, though I am house-proud and finicky, I also know when and how to delegate.
- Get house-proud, beautify your environment, experiment with new colours and furnishings.
- It is a neat, house-proud little island, its economy driven as much by farming and fishing as tourism.
- She was house-proud and kept her home clean and bright.
- For house-proud environmentalists, remodeling is more than just an opportunity to go upscale.
en la limpieza y el arreglo de la casa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.