In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(event)reunión social de varios días en una casa de campo
- It occurred on the street in front of his house where, inside, a Halloween house party for teenagers was in progress.
- At British house parties it's customary to bring a bottle of booze along and give it to the hostess.
- Some spoke to the Daily Dispatch this week in a snap survey, and revealed that celebrations will range from small house parties to rave parties on the outskirts of the city.
- We've had reports of such attacks in everything from house parties to dinner parties.
- I was fascinated by the scene in the film in which the servants crowd in to listen to Ivor Novello while the house party guests find him boring.
- Sergeant Joe Ellis said at 6.05 am they received a complaint that an incident at a house party at Southern Gardens had spilled out onto the road.
- For background music to a house party, or for driving on a sunny day with the windows open when you don't feel like paying attention to detail, it's good.
- In the nineteen-seventies, the music animated roller rinks, house parties, and block parties.
- She had planned to stay at a friend's house in Fallowfield after a house party at a nearby flat, where they had a couple of glasses of wine.
- I was invited to a house party by a female Canadian classmate.
- With so much to do, I'm reconsidering my original idea of just throwing a house party, simply because I don't see how I can fit one in.
- They'd ended up in Middlesburg and saw a big house party in progress.
- Most people expect pre-recorded music or a DJ at a house party.
- Every Saturday there's a house party where my family comes over and gets pretty drunk.
- I stood in the corner of the room by the bookshelf, it was a house party, staying out of the way like always.
- Maybe some seek to introduce a little bit of drama, some fluffy wistfulness into their emotional lexicon and to have a gimmick to talk about themselves at greater length in the kitchen at house parties.
- I had a job finding it, largely because the only other time I'd been there was years ago at 3 a.m. when I was quite drunk and on my way to a house party.
- You and your friends are out all the time: benefits, bars, house parties, dinner parties, live music, more bars.
- As the night wore on, the party got into full swing and a number of impromptu garden and house parties were arranged at which childhood memories were recalled and nostalgic trips down memory lane were plentiful.
- And not that I can't hang with these particular straight people - just not in a house party atmosphere.
2(group)grupo de personas que acuden a una house party
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.