In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)asociación que construye o renueva viviendas para alquilarlas a precios módicos
- Bury's prospective new owner could be a 71-year-old church organist who lives in housing association accommodation in Horwich.
- No bids are put in for government schemes for new council properties, nor for HCA funding for housing association developments.
- His wife, Tami, 33, who was a director and secretary of the housing association, was jailed for six months.
- Ninety thousand homes are to be taken out of council ownership and handed over to a tenant-led housing association.
- The developer is Homes for Change Housing Cooperative in partnership with the Guinness Trust housing association.
- Tenants on the Havelock estate, west London, have voted against the transfer of their council homes to a housing association.
- By the age of 15 years old Thomas was back with his Mother in a new home provided by a housing association.
- Under the Housing Act tenants were also allowed to opt out of local authority control and form their own housing associations.
- The government has been pushing "stock transfer" of council housing - handing homes to private housing associations.
- Measures can be taken to help the situation, such as the use of housing associations and private developers building affordable houses.
- They had held office in trade unions, community associations, the Ulster Unionist party, and housing associations.
- For most, the only affordable option would be rented council or housing association homes.
- All types of housing needed to be increased, she said, social housing, private housing and greater stock for housing associations too.
- The service will be guided by information provided by the St Mungo's organisation, a homeless agency and housing association based in London.
- Housing associations are not private landlords.
- The project also includes housing for rent and shared ownership aimed at key workers, to be let or managed through partner housing associations.
- Professionals such as planners, roads engineers, urban designers, building company representatives and housing association staff attended.
- With the number of properties we are selling, we can't make up the deficit with housing association properties.
- A former aid worker in Sudan, he now works as Development Officer for a well-established housing association.
- She has, at least, managed to clamber on to the London housing ladder - though only with the help of a housing association.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.