In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coloquial(mistake)barbaridad femeninodisparate masculinoerror garrafal masculino
- It led to an autumn defensive personnel nightmare that was further undermined by a collection of schoolboy howlers that embarrassed an illustrious unit.
- We are capable of playing breath-taking rugby, but it's a real concern that we are still making schoolboy howlers.
- This led him to make this mistake, a howler for anyone who has even a passing acquaintance with prominent conservative commentators.
- I have long been an admirer of Morris as an astute analyst of practical politics, despite his occasional lapses and howlers.
- Now mistakes - even howlers - are made by every columnist from time to time.
- The fact that he cites, in his defense, a first class degree from Cambridge ‘specializing in philosophy’ only makes more indefensible his howlers and misconceptions.
- A lot of suits at that price range are made by people who don't know what they're doing - watch out for howlers like 3 buttons on the cuffs, ‘keyhole’ buttonholes on the lapels etc.
- I know I commit howlers of my own from time to time; this is not so much criticism as observation and a reminder to myself of the need constantly to re-examine news items I come across.
- On the field he has been prone to howlers on the big occasion.
- And he could hardly have had an easier task after Roy Carroll added another gaffe to this season of goalkeeping howlers by failing to hold a long-range drive from Clarence Seedorf.
- TALKING of howlers, there was a bit of an embarrassing blooper on BBC Yorkshire's news programme last Sunday tea-time.
- It is full of howlers and is, in fact, an embarrassment to Scottish culture.
- Generally speaking, I tend not to get too bent out of shape by occasional rhetorical howlers.
- No one wants howlers in their marketing slogans.
- He could produce some howlers, and nothing he wrote could necessarily be believed.
- I like to think I have improved no end over the last year but that doesn't mean I haven't made some real howlers along the way.
- We made mistakes, we made howlers, not just me but Del and Tony alike.
- None of these friends are in any way responsible for any mistakes, howlers, insults, etc., in what follows.
- In addition to those pointed out already, your article on Lenin contains a number of other howlers.
- Now, I'll admit to a few fashion howlers in my time.
2also howler monkeymono aullador masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.