In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1manta durable de lana tejida en una variedad de colores
- Canadian readers will recognize some comfy Hudson's Bay blankets.
- In addition as further evidence of my deep and abiding love of this country, I want to state for the record that I also own a Hudson's Bay blanket.
- The striped Hudson's Bay blankets were made into capotes, coats of the same type that show up in numerous Russell paintings.
- Maybe even enter a free draw on some Hudson Bay blankets and a few car warmers.
- The tack room was a stall with a concrete floor, dusty high window, a refrigerator (into which Oren put medicines), and an army cot with a mattress, a couple Hudson Bay blankets, and pillow.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.