- A special CD and a four-hour hula extravaganza held this month will benefit the party's activities.
- No Hawaiian hulas or Tahitian chants here, though traditional cultural elements and echoes of local folk styles do inform these supremely mellow numbers.
- They used to say that every nice girl should be able to dance hula.
- Trivialized for decades by mass-market tourism, Hawaiian culture - from classic hula dancing to outrigger canoe racing - is being embraced enthusiastically.
- A brief featurette that looks at animating the hula dancing, an important part of Hawaiian culture.
- Master teacher Johnny Lum Ho says, ‘At this level, the hula has to be exciting.’
- At Waimea the women danced a hula, which the sailors found quite lascivious.
- Learning hula steps and motions and dancing every day is a great way to keep a body flexible while enjoying Hawaiian music.
- Many of today's performers have had more formal dance training than their predecessors, embellishing the old bump-and-grind with samba, tap, belly dancing, jazz, hula, even capoeira.
- You'll learn to strum the ukulele, dance a hula, and weave a bracelet of lauhala.
- The band's program, which also included hula dances, was typical of the entertainment of the day.
- While I was researching a short story, I gradually fell in love with the hula (dancing).
- No way was Clara getting to that beacon, I don't care if she danced the hula all the way!
- Some of these dance forms, such as flamenco and hula are almost as known and loved by local audiences as are the Western dances of ballet and tap.
- Singing, drumming, and the hula dance are sacred forms of worship and remain integral to the daily life of some native Hawaiians.
- Join in the revelry with the six-man entertainment group as they perform hula dances to the tune of Hawaiian guitars and songs.
- We dragged all our instruments and equipment off, while a hula dancing first grader walked on.