In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It joined a convey of 23 ambulances and nine lorries packed with humanitarian aid.
- Clearly our forces now need to adapt to the change in the civilian attitude and humanitarian crisis emerging.
- The Scouts are learning about international humanitarian aid by doing it themselves.
- What is true is that it is very rare for donors to provide aid on humanitarian grounds.
- The aid agencies now despair since even basic humanitarian work is ever more impossible.
- The clear intention was to kill civilians gathered for food aid and to disrupt humanitarian relief.
- He suggested duties would involve reconstruction, health care and humanitarian aid.
- They told us that they want us to stop humanitarian aid by the first of the year.
- They had no intention of joining the fighting, they insist, but only of giving humanitarian aid.
- An excellent example of the difference between military and humanitarian concern comes from Namibia.
- There is a massive humanitarian need and aid agencies are crying out for safe access to the people who need us.
- Apart from giving the children a holiday each year, we also send out many tonnes of humanitarian aid.
- These are billions that should have been used for humanitarian aid.
- Nor is it motivated by concern to ensure that humanitarian efforts proceed unhindered.
- There is a recognition that any military action must be accompanied by huge humanitarian aid.
- It won't be humanitarian concerns that tip us into this new era, but they laid the foundation.
- It was simply that domestic policy considerations took priority over humanitarian concerns.
- No credence can be given to any genuine humanitarian concern from Paris or London.
- In a humanitarian response, aid agencies must consider their long term goals.
- Most of the signatories were happy to sign because of their profound humanitarian concerns.
1humanitario masculinohumanitaria femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.