In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The humerus is the largest bone of the upper extremity.
- The rotator cuff is made up of a ring of muscles and ligaments that joins the head of the humerus to the shoulder joint.
- The elbow joint is formed by three bones; the humerus, radius, and ulna.
- The other concomitant injuries were bilateral serial rib fractures and fractures of both clavicles, scapula, humerus, and pelvis.
- Fractures of the humerus, scapula and clavicle usually result from a direct blow or a fall onto an outstretched hand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.