In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
verbo transitivohumidified, humidifies, humidifying
- The gas was humidified by bubbling through water.
- These white, concrete basins collect valuable rainwater, which is distributed to the pools and fountains and is also used to humidify the interior air.
- The water bubbler humidified the air to minimize desiccation.
- As air is inhaled, the mucous membranes of the nose and mouth warm and humidify the air before it enters the lungs.
- We previously showed that subjects with seasonal allergic rhinitis, out of their allergy season, had a reduced ability to warm and humidify air compared with normal subjects.
- Heat, cool and humidify the area the same as the rest of the house.
- Move your exercise to a warm, humidified area, such as a pool.
- Two systems are currently available for warming and humidifying the gases delivered to mechanically ventilated patients.
- Aerosolized saline solution in the inspiratory circuit is used to humidify the inspired air.
- Briefly, hot and dry air drawn into the upper level of the atrium is humidified by high-level misters.
- Using a cool-mist vaporizer to humidify the air may help soothe irritated breathing passages and relieve coughing.
- Tabletop humidifiers are good choices for humidifying a small space, such as a nursery or bedroom.
- Even if you live in the mountains or desert - habitats usually unfriendly to dust mites - you may have dust mites in your home if you humidify your air.
- But it may humidify the air in only one room and usually requires frequent filling with water - sometimes a couple of times a day.
- One way to humidify the air is with a cool-mist humidifier.
- To help combat nosebleeds this winter, make sure you humidify the air in your house.
- Continuation of cool, humidified air may also be helpful.
- The conservatories are humidified with rainwater.
- The curved tail covers the nose while sleeping during extreme temperatures, acting as a filter to warm and humidify the inhaled air.
- A humidifier can help lower heating bills because humidified air feels warmer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.