In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was just me and him there, so there was no one to humiliate me in front of.
- I have no desire to anger anyone, frustrate anyone or humiliate anyone.
- Besides, Dad will arrive, humiliate me in front of everyone there, and drag me home again.
- But that didn't give him any right to scream at me and humiliate me in front of my own friends.
- If I'm out in public with a woman who is doing her best to embarrass or humiliate me, I'll walk away.
- There was just no way was I letting this chick humiliate me in front of my own fans.
- He humiliates Billy by making him beg for time off work.
- For instance, there is one scene where the old factory worker is humiliated in front of his son by the boss.
- As far as I am aware, humiliating your colleagues in public is not the best way to foster team spirit.
- Ever since then he has made it his mission to embarrass and humiliate women as much as possible.
- The fact that you take care of me doesn't give you the right to humiliate me.
- She efficiently humiliates the girls, initiating a reign of abuse which gradually erodes their characters.
- I could sense the pleasure as they humiliated me in front of my classmates.
- I've known my friend for a long time, but she humiliates me in front of my other friends.
- Women were humiliated and brutalised as part of a campaign to demean their ethnicity.
- I was completely humiliated in front of people who had no right to do so.
- ‘I know,’ she said, ‘and you can't imagine how that humiliates me.’
- They stripped him of his dignity and tried humiliating him by showing him throughout the world.
- They humiliated Brian, subjecting him to a torrent of physical and emotional abuse.
- Look at the way they humiliate people going about their jobs, including women.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.