In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1colibrí masculinopicaflor masculino
- Without the ability to hover, hummingbirds would not be able to obtain nectar from flowers.
- The principal characteristic that sets hummingbirds apart from all other birds is their mode of flight.
- Nectar-producing plants are very popular for attracting hummingbirds and orioles.
- Thus, hummingbirds represent an ideal system in which to gain understanding of how animals achieve energy balance.
- Like other birds, hummingbirds communicate through both auditory and visual signals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.