In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1humus masculinomantillo masculino
- In addition, continue to put out organic humus as you plant.
- Incidentally, soil rich in organic humus will hold more water longer and be more drought-resistant.
- There is a smell of humus and dirt and leaves and rain and nothing else.
- But (as some might reply) we can add peat or humus to the soil as we till.
- Cabbages tolerate heavier soils well, so long as there is enough humus and fertiliser, as they are heavy feeders.
- An all-purpose potting mix has composted bark, peat moss or peat humus added to loamy soil.
- The mulch keeps the soil moist, and as the lower layers decompose, they enrich the soil with humus.
- Since these species originated in a wooded habitat, they require a loose soil with sufficient humus.
- If it's sandy or stiff with clay, dig in humus to improve water retention and aeration.
- What's left is nutrient-rich organic matter, or humus, which can be used as a soil amendment.
- Don't spurn organic fertilizers that are low in nutrients, because they're rich in organic matter that turns to valuable humus in the soil.
- In sandy soils, humus acts like a sponge to catch and hold moisture.
- The end point of decomposition is a largely inert organic material called humus.
- Mature compost is a complex organic material that has been transformed into stable humus by microorganisms.
- Their soil must contain sufficient humus and be rich in calcium, but the idea that cyclamens need a lot of moisture is a misconception.
- The final product, humus or compost, looks and feels like fertile garden soil.
- If grown in plenty of humus and leaf mould, rhododendron roots almost peel off the ground.
- Soil should contain a good mix of sand, clay, and humus.
- Lack of biological insect control necessitates using more pesticides, as lack of humus and plant litter necessitates using more chemical fertilizers.
- At first, layer grass clippings with a dash of leaves and twigs to create a concoction that turns into humus, the best plant food.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.