In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(multicolor) gragea femenino
- There are dinosaur shaped biscuits, and fairy cakes scattered with tiny, dinosaur shaped hundreds and thousands.
- For dessert, I ordered a chocolate and orange mousse served in a ramekin and topped with chocolate hundreds and thousands.
- Cakes covered with these relatively simple icings are often further decorated with the addition of glacé cherries, angelica, silver dragées, hundreds and thousands, etc.
- Nursery delicacies included bread and sugar, bread with hundreds and thousands, lots of steamed puddings and custard with everything.
- We've got icecream, jelly, custard, hundreds and thousands all over the seats.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.