In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1juego tradicional irlandés similar al hockey
- It was a most enjoyable afternoon of hurling, camogie and football.
- The camps will feature football, hurling and handball.
- He played football and hurling in three different counties.
- At present only Gaelic games such as Gaelic football and hurling are allowed to be played.
- Gaelic football and hurling have been arousing Irish passions for a long, long time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.