- As we talked by the light of a flickering hurricane lamp, some soldiers knelt on a prayer mat nearby.
- The store stocks candles, flashlights, carbide and hurricane lamps, solar-powered attic fans and much more.
- When they predict a hurricane, you board up your windows, tether your boat, and clean your hurricane lamp.
- It gave six to seven times more light than the common hurricane lamp.
- If there was thick fog, a man wearing a white apron would stand by the jack with a hurricane lamp so that play could continue.