In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- ‘Your Grace,’ her slightly husky voice greeted him as she pulled herself up on her elbows.
- The women were all in sequins and diamonds and they smoked cigarettes and had raspy voices and husky laughs.
- ‘You can stay,’ his voice was husky; a whisper, trying to regain a hold on his emotions.
- She spoke clearly, but with a slightly drawn back, husky voice.
- His voice was husky and deep, definitely swooning material.
- I can still hear his husky voice whispering to me.
- ‘Hey stranger,’ his voice was husky and I shivered slightly.
- She speaks in a husky voice that clicks slightly from a dry mouth.
- His deep husky voice sent a shiver down my spine.
- ‘You go ahead,’ Rex said in an anxious, slightly husky voice.
- ‘Even if we weren't married, darling, I would request one room,’ a husky voice whispered in my ear.
- ‘I think I'm getting a cold,’ she says in a deep husky voice.
- His deep, husky voice sent a tingle down her spine, which she tried to ignore.
- He was operated on and now talks with a deep, husky voice.
- Taking notice of her, I realized her voice was slightly husky, though still feminine.
- ‘Oh God, you look so amazing,’ he whispered in a lustful husky voice.
- She craned her head slightly to the side as a husky voice, choked with emotion, whispered into her ear.
- ‘Just a little,’ he said, and his voice was slightly husky.
- ‘Thank you Veronica,’ a deep husky voice said from behind the chair.
- She came into me with a sore throat and husky voice today and says she doesn't feel right.
- Before him stood a rather husky woman with bright red hair.
- The husky man looked irritated at being interrupted.
- He was a few inches shorter than me and he's husky.
- This is why husky men over 6 feet tall should avoid yoga.
- After a moment, a husky man in an expensive looking suit answered.
1husky femeninoperro esquimal masculinoperra esquimal femenino
- When we got there we were taken by coach and the children were given rides on sleighs pulled by huskies and were given a chance to ride on jet skis.
- He'd been working and breeding Alaskan huskies for five years.
- Every day, I spot sleds lying around, often right next to huskies meant to pull them.
- Similarly, a trip to where the huskies are bred and trained to pull sleighs takes you right to the heart of what the traditional lifestyle is like.
- It is being marketed particularly to owners of the most naturally active breeds such as greyhounds and huskies, which can be worst affected by inactivity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.