In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ácido clorhídrico masculino
- His other discoveries included nitrogen, hydrochloric acid, ammonia and carbon monoxide, and he was the father of the soda-water industry.
- The plant makes chlorine gas from sea salt and then converts it into things like pool chlorine, caustic soda and hydrochloric acid for industry.
- Common household cleaners can contain simple inorganic chemicals such as sodium hypochlorite or hydrochloric acid.
- To determine the exact concentration, titrating the hydrochloric acid against a solution of base, for example sodium hydroxide, would be appropriate.
- The complementary acid is typically either phosphoric acid or hydrochloric acid.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.