In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino agua oxigenadaperóxido de hidrógeno masculino
- Without catalysis, hydrogen peroxide decomposes slowly over time to form water and oxygen gas.
- Superoxides react with water to produce molecular oxygen and hydrogen peroxide.
- Typically, hydrogen peroxide is an oxidizing and reducing agent.
- This can be carried out using chemical oxidation agents such as hydrogen peroxide, ozone, or potassium dichromate.
- That doesn't produce enough hydrogen peroxide to oxidize all organic matter in the soil.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.