In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- On ageing, textiles are usually damaged by oxidation or acid-catalysed hydrolysis.
- Digestion breaks down chemical bonds in a process called enzymatic hydrolysis.
- When hydrolysis occurs, we will write a chemical equation to describe it, and new species will be formed in solution.
- Again, they used partial acid hydrolysis of the whole chain and then protease digestion to give larger blocks.
- Another preparation method involves acid hydrolysis of methyl formate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.