In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hidroponía femeninocultivo hidropónico masculino
- He said processes such as hydroponics and growboxes are big cash generators but require start-up capital.
- He later branched into dog-breeding and vegetables grown by hydroponics.
- Don't forget alternatives like hydroponics, water gardens, air gardens etc.
- A group of urban youngsters has turned a vacant piece of ground into a viable vegetable farm using hydroponics.
- When Barkman began to turn his attention to raising greenhouse vegetables, he started researching hydroponics which struck him as the best way to proceed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.