In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, acne does not come from bad behaviour nor is it a disease of poor hygiene.
- Airedale Hospital has received a clean bill of health for its standards of food and hygiene.
- Cleanliness and hygiene are important to them, but not to the extreme that you might believe.
- The major causes of the first two disorders are poor oral hygiene and faulty food habits.
- It is important to maintain good oral hygiene and to visit your dentist if you have any pain or concerns.
- At home I'm being even more careful than usual about food handling and general hygiene.
- Basic personal hygiene and sanitation will take you further than a million doctors.
- He also advises that lack of personal hygiene is a major contributor to infection.
- This may largely be attributed to more rigorous standards of food hygiene.
- I'm sure The Happy Fryer employs the highest standards of food hygiene imaginable.
- The talk, which begins with health and hygiene, naturally leads on to politics.
- The defendant and its employees failed to have regard to his health and hygiene.
- An advertising campaign on personal hygiene would be a very powerful deterrent.
- Is there a reason you consider my personal hygiene to be of general interest?
- For those who can safely use it, an aqueous chlorhexidine mouthwash helps to maintain oral hygiene.
- Their standards of food, service, hygiene and comfort are high and most have kids' clubs.
- Standards of quality and hygiene can be maintained in a much less restrictive way.
- The unit also runs training courses, presentations and seminars in food hygiene.
- The spread of these germs and the illnesses they cause can be prevented by practising good food hygiene.
- From the personal hygiene packs to the food parcels, much that you see on screen is the real thing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.