In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some dehumidifiers feature a hygrometer, which measures room humidity.
- In addition, a Li - 188 quantum sensor, thermometer and hygrometer recorded, respectively, irradiance, air temperature and relative air humidity hourly.
- Soil water potential was measured at regular intervals using a dew-point hygrometer on soil samples collected from one pot per group.
- Dew point temperature is measured with a hygrometer, and you can make your own.
- If you want to have full control over precise percentages of humidity, get a unit with a hygrometer and humidistat.
- Use a hygrometer to know what the humidity level is.
- All humidity measurements were made with a model 2200 hygrometer.
- Go out and buy a digital hygrometer - a good one costs $30 or $40.
- To determine the relative humidity, you will need a relative humidity sensor, also known as a moisture meter or hygrometer.
- In a recent publication, with the same settings and using a dew point mirror hygrometer, a similar result of 36.2 mg H2O / L was obtained.
- The actual relative humidity was measured in the glove box with a hygrometer immediately before sealing the cell with a second CaF2 window.
- Medium water potentials were measured with a hygrometer.
- These include the thermometer, the barometer, and the hygrometer.
- Sapwood water potentials were measured with a thermocouple hygrometer, branch water potentials with a pressure chamber.
- The temperature of the air stream was measured just downstream of the dew point hygrometer using a thermocouple.
- A chilled-mirror hygrometer works by using an electric cooling unit to reduce the temperature of a mirror until dew or frost forms on its surface.
- The thermometer, the hygrometer, the currents of wind and cloud, should be as familiar to him as the stethoscope, the microscope and the speculum.
- Periodically check the humidity with a hygrometer, available at your local hardware store.
- To estimate the range of spray around the washstands, we measured relative humidity at different distances using a hygrometer.
- To measure the humidity level inside your home, buy a hygrometer, available at hardware stores for about $30.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.