In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the female virgin the entrance to the vagina is often partially blocked by a membranous tissue called the hymen.
- So in essence the damages have very little to do with a tear in the hymen or a tag of the anus.
- She provides further evidence that on her return to Iran she was suffering from a urinary tract infection and that her hymen was broken.
- Most women experience discomfort and bleeding the first time they have sexual intercourse due to the stretching or tearing of their hymen.
- Traditional Muslim social norms associate female virginity, defined by an intact hymen, with honour.
- Examination of her hymen showed a dilated orifice after initial spasm and inability to relax.
- As with the appendix, most lab coats say the hymen no longer serves much of a biological function.
- A thin sheet of tissue with 1 or more holes in it called the hymen partially covers the opening of the vagina.
- So, essentially, the hymen is a small bit of skin that may hurt a bit if it is torn somehow, but will go away by itself even if it isn't broken.
- Many of the girls feel that as long as their hymen is intact, they are considered virgins.
- The hymen can be broken through activities such as wearing tampons or playing sports.
- Girls frequently have a membrane called the hymen around the vaginal opening.
- The hymen was not simply a sign or proof of chastity; rather, being physically ‘intact’ supposedly imparted strength, youth and holiness to the woman.
- Recent or healed lacerations of the hymen and vaginal mucosa may indicate abuse.
- The elders also inspect the girls' vaginas to determine if their hymens are still intact.
- I really don't feel like sacrificing my hymen.
- Women have a membrane called the hymen that partially covers the entrance to the vagina.
- Genitalia were noted to be normal externally, but the hymen appeared to be somewhat distorted and scarred with a rather high free edge.
- Foster said girls whose hymens had been pierced were considered outcasts.
- Is it the breaking of the hymen, are bones displaced or is it something else?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.