In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- After six years of war, the country suffered from hyperinflation, food shortages, ill-clothed soldiers, and a plundered citizenry.
- This is the point where the game slips out of the hands of the stabilizers and hyperinflation and depression loom.
- Salim says the nation won over crisis once before - hyperinflation, no jobs, decrepit infrastructure.
- A mere five years after the end of hyperinflation, the country's economy began to turn down once more.
- Brazil has successfully made the transition from the military rule and hyperinflation of the 1980s.
- Many countries have resorted to printing money and have experienced hyperinflation under those circumstances.
- If the central bank chooses to persevere in their inflation, hyperinflation will be unleashed.
- Lessons learned during the days of hyperinflation in the 1970s and 1980s are coming in handy.
- The traditional remedy for inflation in general, and hyperinflation in particular, is gold.
- While hyperinflation persisted, this was a big advantage.
- If the UK was in a boom and the interest rate was set too low, hyperinflation could take place and lead to economic melt down.
- When price increases get out of control, inflation is referred to as hyperinflation.
- So far so good, but what about contingency plans to combat inflation, and hyperinflation to boot?
- You cannot think straight in the midst of hyperinflation.
- This is especially true in case of hyperinflation.
- The states' economies began to experience hyperinflation as state governments printed paper money to meet war expenditures.
- It imposed an economic program that ended hyperinflation and stabilized Bolivia's economy.
- The hyperinflation resorted to after the coup d'état completed the financial destruction of these foundations.
- That regime is capable of unleashing the most horrendous forces of economic destruction: deflation or hyperinflation.
- And remember, on top of this, there is a basic high rate of hyperinflation already built into the system right now.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.