In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Speculation that the changes would pave the way for vast continental-style hypermarkets outside city centres was inaccurate.
- The remainder is sold through western-style supermarkets, hypermarkets and privatised local stores called Gastronom or Producty.
- There are an abundance of new stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets.
- The outlets it now controls include five hypermarkets, 27 supermarkets, 389 convenience stores and eight drug stores.
- If they all close down because of competition from big hypermarkets five miles outside town, and you haven't got a car, what do you do?
- But like any other nation in the western world, France has its share of unimaginative hotel chains, fast food stores and hypermarkets.
- It will have 140 retail outlets, a hypermarket and 12 cinema theatres, including the country's first 3D IMAX cinema, with 800 seats.
- In addition to department stores and specialty chain stores, hypermarkets are proliferating in Taiwan.
- It is here they need assistance if they are not to be crushed by the hypermarket and chain store.
- Large hypermarkets and stores already offer POS terminals mainly because of two reasons.
- By all means drive to the out-of-town hypermarket for your bulk shopping.
- Calais, with a new array of quality hypermarkets and malls, has far more to offer than you first think.
- The Shanghai-based retailer operates 2,706 outlets, including hypermarkets, supermarkets and convenience stores.
- But Tesco's market dominance doesn't stop at the supermarkets or the hypermarkets.
- Some critics are not convinced that future shoppers will abandon malls and hypermarkets.
- Streams of people packed hypermarkets, supermarkets and convenience stores to stockpile household necessities.
- The hypermarket's car park lot will provide space for 70 cars.
- We are pretty happy with how we are developing two of our main formats, the hypermarkets and the hard discount stores.
- The produce and fish departments at Carrefour's Chinese hypermarkets resemble traditional outdoor markets.
- It is less common to have free access in a store, although the growth of large hypermarkets and shopping malls is changing this custom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.