In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hipotenusa femeninothe square on the hypotenuse — el cuadrado construido sobre la hipotenusa
- In case you have forgotten your high school geometry, the hypotenuse is the side opposite the right angle.
- In fact it is the length of the hypotenuse of a right angled triangle which had sides of length one.
- Can we have any other Pythagorean triangles with a Fibonacci number as the hypotenuse (the longest side)?
- He sees the hypotenuse of a right triangle made by the deck, the mast and the front edge of the beam moving down to the deck.
- The square of the length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares of the legs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.