In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The winter could bring hypothermia, pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses.
- As with heatstroke, hypothermia and frostbite victims should always be given medical help.
- It is when body energy is exhausted that hypothermia becomes potentially life-threatening.
- Whether it was the beginnings of altitude sickness, hypothermia, or simply fatigue I have no idea.
- The couple had succumbed to a combination of infection and hypothermia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.