In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The letter i is made up of a single minim, with or without a dot above it.
- However, because of the Latin contributions to English, the letter "i" does not always comply.
1yoit is I — soy yo
- you know as well as I do that … — sabes tan bien como yo que …
- I live in London — vivo en Londres
- If this was for real it would go down as the strangest mobile phone design that I have ever seen.
- Anyway, here is the list of movies I watched.
Although yo is given as the main translation of I, it is in practice used only for emphasis, or to avoid ambiguity: I went to the theater fui al teatro I was singing, he was playing the piano yo cantaba y él tocaba el piano I did it yo lo hice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.