In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1patinaje sobre hielo masculino
- Her schedule was filled with dance, ice skating, piano lessons, swim team and soccer.
- There are tobogganing, cleared walks, ice skating, indoor tennis and sleigh rides nearby, if they fancy a break from the slopes.
- I just saw ice skating as a way to refine my technique and become a better inline skater.
- Many people enjoy winter sports such as ice skating and skiing.
- A Match Of The Day regular, he also commentates on ice skating, ice hockey and badminton.
- When I was in Brisbane recently I decided I wanted to go ice skating with Steven Bradbury.
- Often would miss his first class from fifth through seventh grade because of morning ice skating practices that ran long.
- Winter sports include Nordic and cross-country skiing, ice skating, and ice hockey.
- As in ice skating, women's gymnastics has a component of showmanship in it.
- We could also have a fish pond for aquaculture, fishing, swimming in the summer and ice skating in the winter.
- Katie Brown has moved to a private school on the East Coast to improve her ice skating.
- We ride bikes, we go play tennis together, and in the winter we go ice skating.
- So does dancing, ice skating, snow ball throwing, and skiing/snowboarding.
- From the fast-paced danger of downhill skiing to more graceful ice skating, the games are already an action-packed pageant.
- OCD is also planning a number of activities next term, including bowling, ice skating and tobogganing.
- Advice on being a ‘muscle mermaid’, the thrills of ice skating in summer and where cheerleading sits in society, are just for starters.
- The passport covers gyms, classes, swimming, ice skating, athletics track, climbing wall and more.
- In addition to cross county skiing, winter activities include dogsledding, ice skating and tobogganing.
- Skiing is Austria's leading winter sport, followed by ice skating and tobogganing.
- A larger, more substantial pond is being built south of Olson Memorial and will offer ice skating in winter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.