In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1draco rayado masculino
- Hb is present in all vertebrates investigated so far, with the exception of some icefish species.
- Below the ocean surface lies an even greater diversity of life, replete with corals, sponges and barnacles, as well as icefish and toothfish.
- I lobbed an unweighted icefish with an awkward flip of the heavy boat rod.
- He finds Simon standing alone by the rack of aquariums, tending their captives - the Antarctic limpets, and a lone, prize icefish.
- How do Anarctic icefish survive in freezing water?
- Changes to certain residues in ß-tubulin have been suggested to confer cold stability on the MTs of Antarctic icefishes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.