In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
Informática Lingüística Religión Arte
1icono masculinoícono masculino
- Peirce distinguishes three types of sign - the icon, the index and the symbol.
- An iconic sign/icon (from Greek eikon ‘replica’) provides a visual, auditory or any other perceptual image of the thing it stands for.
- To the left of this central section is the Quick Launch toolbar which has miniature icons of many programs that you can launch with just one click from the toolbar.
- It also said that although the sales will come from services such as mobile phone graphics, icons, screen savers and novelty voice mail, it is ringtones that will dominate.
- The left side of the program window contains icons for each module and you can access any part of the software at any time without having to back out of anything first.
- Would an Eastern Orthodox priest bless an exhibition of, say, Byzantine icons at a Western museum?
- Artworks range from a Russian icon to creations of Cellini, Rembrandt, and Picasso.
- Scrolling web-pages, opening icons, moving windows; these are all things which are controlled far more intuitively by your fingers than an input device.
- Just being able to choose a screen saver, organize icons, browse application menus and move files doesn't mean you are a productive member of society.
- Many of her paintings are like expressionistic Byzantine icons.
- The iconoclasts wanted to rid the church of images, icons, even paintings.
- The skills of many fine Bulgarian artisans can be seen in icons (religious paintings) and other church art.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.