In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1llave de contacto femeninollave del arranque femenino América Latina
- When you turn the ignition key, the starter motor spins the engine a few revolutions so that the combustion process can start.
- The interior is great, it is intuitive and works well and you know it is a Saab because the ignition key is down by the handbrake.
- I turned the ignition key to start the engine and warm the car then returned to the house to get a cloth.
- Foremost, the ignition key in the center console.
- A twist of the ignition key does not necessarily result in engine-start.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.