In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1problemas de salud masculinomala salud femenino
- Tommy was a carpenter at an early age, but due to ill health was forced to return for some years.
- Mr Martin said that he understood that the proposal related only to employees retiring on grounds of ill health.
- I was in hospital due to ill health and then I had three deaths in the family.
- We were sent letters from the school which said he was retiring due to ill health.
- His wife, Kath, resigned last August due to ill health after serving the same ward for two years.
- He started out as a boy and toured the world and ended up retiring to own a magic shop in Blackpool due to ill health.
- Patients with schizophrenia suffer from increased physical ill health and excess mortality.
- They say one in five British children now suffers from mental ill health, much of it stress-related.
- She was dismissed because she exceeded the number of days off which could be taken on the grounds of ill health.
- Due to her ill health the premises was sold, and the family moved out the road to a house in Castledurrow.
- I believe that the world community genuinely wants to alleviate the true causes of ill health and disease.
- I had not been checking the accounts properly which as chairman I should have done, due to ill health.
- He resigned earlier this year and has so far refused to appear before the tribunal due to ill health.
- I swam at national level and retired due to injury and severe ill health.
- Obesity has a colossal impact on physical, mental, and social ill health in many parts of the world.
- Some historians suggest that the move was largely due to ill health, perhaps caused by over-work.
- A lot of companies are losing a lot of money due to ill health because health and safety is not properly valued.
- He had been a Church of England priest for 25 years before retiring due to ill health in November.
- Infection by pathogenic parasites may be a symptom of ill health, rather than the simple or single cause.
- If you find that, due to ill health, you are unable to continue working there are limited options open to us.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.