In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ilusionista femeninoprestidigitador masculinoprestidigitadora femenino
- One is left doubting where the artist's loyalty lies, suspecting that this is the work of an illusionist rather than a true magician.
- The magician, illusionist and singer kept the name and is now the only curator who celebrates the star signs as they happen throughout the year.
- There were fine nuggets of legerdemain, courtesy of the illusionist Paul Kieve.
- The series is based on the pride of white lions that perform in the famous Las Vegas act of illusionists Siegfried & Roy.
- A free festival circus will be in the park where acrobats, clowns, fire eaters, illusionists, jugglers and stilt walkers will entertain the crowds.
- The glammiest illusionists, Siegfried and Roy, have played one Vegas room or another since 1967.
- He becomes less a magician and more and more not only an illusionist of increasing power, but one bent on tormenting his audience rather than entertaining them.
- The talented threesome are acrobats, jugglers, clowns and illusionists, all rolled into one.
- Reality is a fabrication, as the illusionist and con artist can justify.
- Headed up by choreographer Moses Pendleton, this troupe of dancing illusionists and contortionists have been known to mesmerize.
- Aurélia Thierée has performed as an actress and illusionist since she was very young.
- Stage magicians and conjurers are of course illusionists, not magicians in the historical context of the word.
- Houdini was a publicity-wise escapologist and illusionist who made his name and a good deal of money in America.
- Magic Circle member John Field will demonstrate some of Houdini's magic tricks and talk about the greatest illusionist of his time.
- Yes, the communists are presented as magicians and illusionists, but they are also ‘people whose hold on reality was absolute’.
- After charming his way through the Hollywood social scene, Keith Barry is poised to become one of the select magicians and illusionists to enjoy mainstream stardom in the USA.
- Isn't there a difference between a magician and an illusionist?
- The fun starts at the Rio hotel-casino with a show by a gifted illusionist and a classical pianist, called Jarrett & Raja.
- Between stretching, thrusting and air-walking up high, she frequently breaks expectation like an expert illusionist.
- An illusionist has had to abandon plans to climax his UK tour at Epsom Playhouse because staff are apparently fed up with the repeated failure of magic acts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.