In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They are not necessarily a match made in heaven, and not only because of their income imbalance.
- Besides, all other forms of human intrusion into the habitat could cause imbalance.
- But boil away all the froth and you are still left with a residue of stark imbalance in the treatment of the two sides.
- The Conservatives claimed any short-term imbalance could be evened out over the economic cycle.
- So what can be done about this imbalance between baseball and football coverage?
- This imbalance is affecting people's capacity for pleasure, love, success and a healthy life.
- An imbalance between these two often causes the quest for gender equality to be shrouded in confusion.
- On the other hand, there is also another kind of gender imbalance within higher education.
- Any imbalance between the flow of goods in and the flow out will push the dollar down or up according to the basic laws of supply and demand.
- Domestic economic imbalances and disproportionalities are relatively muted.
- This imbalance is forcing up wages and prompting companies to bring in foreign workers.
- The group said that imbalance could lead to a squeeze on stocks which may feed through to more price rises in future.
- The cups rely on a slight pressure imbalance to keep the liquid from leaking out.
- As last week, my Monday morning brain chemical imbalance has struck again.
- The imbalance in police resources between York and rural North Yorkshire has at last begun to be addressed.
- It is in a temporary state of imbalance, and it tends as much as possible to maintain this imbalance.
- But finance ministers can try to anticipate where the next imbalance is likely to emerge.
- Although the list of ingredients reveals added sugar, the tastebuds detect no imbalance.
- In case mention of acupuncture has alarmed you, treatment of this imbalance is a gentle process.
- Too much food, particularly protein, in the initial phase aggravates the metabolic imbalance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.