In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inmigración femenino(regulations/quota) (before noun) de inmigración(officer) de inmigración(officer) de migraciónimmigration authorities/laws — leyes de inmigración femenino
- What's needed, advocates say, are stories of successful Americans who wouldn't be here were it not for family-based immigration.
- They cannot get it for most immigration matters, excluding those concerning refugees.
- I think we need to encourage legal immigration.
- The goals in immigration policies are achieved by granting or denying visas.
- New Orleans became a center of Croatian immigration in the early nineteenth century.
- For months on this program, we have reported extensively on the problem of massive illegal immigration into this country.
- So, there already is a way for legal immigration into this country.
- I assume all residents will have read the new immigration rules re: long-term residence.
- We'll have two opposing views on immigration policy reform.
- Large-scale Chinese immigration to the Malay peninsula began in the middle of the 19th century.
- Admittedly it took a little while at immigration but that was just checking passports.
- Now, it is urgently helping members obtain immigration documents.
- I tried to plead with immigration to see if we could come to an understanding.
- Once through immigration at the airport, she disappeared.
- The second great problem in immigration and illegal trafficking in people.
- There can be no doubt that mass immigration has reduced costs for employers drastically.
- Decades of massive immigration had combined with corrupt government and the raw capitalism of the era to create horrific slums.
- This is also the generation who suffered most at the brutal application of immigration laws.
- Not their problem, as they swanned through immigration off to a few days by the hotel pool.
- Yet hundreds, says the advocacy group, have been deported on minor immigration matters.
- Late that night we cleared immigration and added an observer to the crew.
- But civil rights groups and immigration lawyers point out 18 months is a conservative estimate.
- They have agreed to develop a common immigration policy at EU level.
- To make the nation safer, policymakers also need to overhaul immigration rules and enforcement.
- Even giving your fingerprints now in immigration at the airport gives you an uncomfortable feeling.
- The screening of this film will be followed by a discussion on illegal immigration.
2also immigration control(at border, airport)control de inmigración masculinocontrol de migración masculinoinmigración femeninomigración femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.