In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The majority of new vans have engine immobilisers fitted, and these are the best alarm-based products to use.
- Police believe the increase in the effectiveness of car security devices including immobilisers has led to the increase in aggravated car crimes.
- Electronic engine immobilisers prevent your vehicle from starting and are one of the best ways to stop thieves if the key is not stolen.
- Similarly, when the starter button is pressed, along with the clutch pedal, the system recognises the transponder signal, releases the engine immobiliser and the steering lock, and the engine starts.
- The estate comes with the same digital climate control, CD player with eight speakers, trip computer, electric windows and mirrors, and immobiliser as the hatch.
- This reminds me greatly of the theory that posits armed car-jacking as a direct response to the increased efficacy of automotive anti-theft technology, such as ignition locks and immobilizers.
- They said that every so often this type of problem emerges with immobilisers and electronic key fobs.
- On cars of this age CD players are rare but can be fitted retrospectively as should an engine immobiliser and ultrasonic protection.
- Have an electronic immobiliser fitted and clearly mark all valuables with your name and postcode.
- We have found that people with newer cars are complacent as they have security devices fitted and immobilisers.
- Seat belt pretensioners, power steering, engine immobiliser, central locking, split rear seats, and tinted glass are standard equipment.
- Engine immobilisers and sophisticated locks leave many careless owners carless.
- Security specification on the vehicle includes remote central double locking, locking fuel cap, immobiliser, anti-theft ceded audio equipment, visible VIN and an optional perimeter alarm.
- Get an immobiliser, good quality locks and an alarm
- There are deadlocks, a low tyre pressure indicator, an engine immobiliser, rear parking sensor, a dipping left hand mirror for easier reversing, superb xenon headlamps and automatic headlights and wipers.
- The vast majority of new vans have engine immobilisers fitted, although few have full alarm systems.
- People are also advised to buy steering locks, immobilisers and car alarms to foil potential thieves.
- I had a problem with a Renault where the immobiliser kept kicking in for no reason, cutting the engine either temporarily or, sometimes, permanently.
- They could also consider using a battery optimiser to keep the battery fully charged which is especially important for bikes with an alarm or an immobiliser.
- All have an electronic engine immobiliser, and ABS is an option across the range.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.