In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Overall, hydrocortisone did not induce immunosuppression.
- It eliminates the need for a donor organ and immunosuppression.
- There was no clinical evidence of immunosuppression, and serum immunoglobulin levels and the results of a protein strip test were normal.
- The use of antilymphocyte antibody therapy for immunosuppression also enhances the likelihood and severity of infection in susceptible recipients.
- In the presence of immunosuppression, relapse is common and hence antimicrobial prophylaxis needs to be lifelong.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.