In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1implementarponer en prácticaejecutar
1instrumento masculinoimplemento masculino América Latinacooking implements — utensilios de cocina masculino
- Today, artists can use various implements to cut the blocks of wood.
- From the dawn of stone age implements to the height of culinary technique, man has enjoyed his soup.
- Many knives are designed as multi-purpose cutting implements.
- By the 6th century a series of new farm implements began to make their appearance.
- Unfortunately, I had no garden implements at hand.
- Others were gardening, armed with clippers and other sharp implements.
- He wields a giant microphone like some kind of torture implement.
- The violence can be all too real with hammers, bombs and household implements being used to exact revenge.
- The rules and regulations were explained and they were given basic digging implements - a spade and a fork.
- On the porch of the museum are steam locomotives, municipal vehicles and agricultural implements.
- He wants to show you his collection of gardening implements.
- Inside, there is a display of paleolithic tools, neolithic stone implements and megalithic pottery.
- A writer needs basically a space, a writing implement and some paper.
- The hardware stores sold spades, forks, rakes and all sorts of farming implements.
- The store sells clothing, household goods, small furniture and garden implements.
- A Roman kitchen is being constructed alongside a display of medieval farming implements and clothes.
- Thousands of people came from all sides armed with implements of destruction.
- The stalls mostly sold such things as agricultural implements, live chickens and vegetables.
- First, the implements of war would undergo a major technological change.
- He tried to grip at the metal implement, but it fell to the floor.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.