1(significance)importancia femeninoto be of great/of the utmost importance — ser de suma/de la mayor importancia
- it's of no importance — no tiene (ninguna) importancia
- to attach importance to sth — concederle / darle importancia a algo
- I want to write. I want to be able to spend a day doing nothing of any real importance.
- The issue is of such importance that it should be dealt with at this early stage.
- Most buildings of importance were pulverised and much of the city is still a ruin.
- The importance of things can be measured by the amount of time we're willing to give them.
- A great importance is attached to relaxation techniques that might help a person tensed due to chronic stressful life style.
- The celebration of this festival shows the importance given to tradition in our religion.
- On the whole it is clear that my field trip was of huge importance for my research.
- It is right that if work of this importance is to be carried out, it should be done properly.
- How can an organisation of this size and importance be allowed to get away with this?
- His long dark hair fell loose down his back and his purple robes showed his great importance.
- The importance of this question has been acknowledged on all sides in the present case.
- It is always the case that only in a player's absence do we get a true idea of their importance to the team.
- Music lost its importance and he even sold some of his guitars to pay for his habit.
- Costumes and furniture have as much importance as what is spoken at dinner tables.
- The best way to silence anybody puffed up with their own importance is to laugh at them.
- This is a subject that is very important to some, and has no importance in the mind of others.
- But her parents always emphasised the importance of higher education to their four children.
- Take one problem and break it down into parts, ranking them in order of importance.
- There was no importance placed on the way you look, because that was not the way you were going to get by.
- Their own passion and commitment to achieve all odds has been of great importance to me.
2(influence, standing)importancia femeninoa position of great importance — un puesto muy importante
- she's so full of her own importance — se da una importancia / unos aires …