- Works by artists working in a naturalistic style, such as the Spaniards Ramon Casas and Santiago Rusinol, are a corrective to our notions received from the more familiar and colourful views of the Impressionists and their heirs.
- When I saw Munch and the Impressionists after the war, it was a big moment for me.
- ‘When I first started I painted abstracts and I've always loved the Impressionists like Monet,’ he said.
- Sisley was born to British parents in Paris and after meeting with fellow future Impressionists, Bazille, Monet and Renoir, he adhered to this approach throughout his career.
- Today, the public considers the Impressionists to be traditional painters and flocks in record numbers to view their works on display in museums around the world.
- Claude Monet and the Impressionists were motivated by aesthetic goals - painting the world around them as it appeared to the eye.
- His favorite painters are the Tonalists, landscape painters whose work was once well known but is now eclipsed by the Hudson River painters, the Impressionists, and others.
- The art gallery contrasts well, with works by Impressionists and Colourists housed in elegant surroundings.
- Even the obvious influence of Japanese art on the Impressionists and of African art on Picasso and the Cubists has been lost in the fine print of art histories.
- However, Canaletto was not interested in capturing the atmosphere of Venice, unlike Turner, the Impressionists and other painters who have followed.
- Under the influence of Edgar Degas and the other Impressionists the artist Mary Cassatt changed her painting style.
- Known for his serene and spiritual landscapes, company officials say Hayslette draws inspiration from the woodcuts of Asian masters and the Impressionists.
- Later he joined the Impressionists and showed his art work in their exhibitions from 1874 to 1886.
- The Impressionists like Cezanne and Monet emphasized the impression a scene left on the viewer, and added a subjective tone to their paintings.
- He was a pioneering collector of the Impressionists and once said, ‘I have always liked painters.
- With his good income as a stockbroker, Gauguin could afford to buy several paintings by Manet, Claude Monet, Auguste Renoir and other Impressionists.
- He had personal associations with contemporary Impressionists such as Claude Monet.
- The Impressionists used quick brush strokes and bright colors.
- For some series he employs palettes derived from classic paintings by old masters or Impressionists.
- Apart from Indian artists, I like the Impressionists, particularly Monet and Cezanne.
2(impersonator)imitador masculinoimitadora femenino