In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the best in in-car entertainment — lo mejor en equipos de música para su coche
- A silver flat screen TV glistens on the dashboard showing off the in-car navigation, DVD and Playstation.
- Other likely initial targets include in-car navigation systems and PDAs.
- Mitsubishi developed the first in-car navigation system, the first active cruise control system and the first electric power steering.
- Cup holders were neatly situated for in-car picnics.
- Cheaper in-car systems use mapping stored on a CD.
- While it's not the only navigation system on the market it is fantastically useful, giving you the capabilities of an in-car system, with spoken directions and more.
- This allows drivers to control everything from audio and telephone settings to the in-car satellite navigation system by simply touching a screen.
- We took the revolutionary BioNav in-car navigation system out for a road test.
- Based in Leeds, one system uses an in-car device linked to roadside transmitters which physically prevents the vehicle exceeding a pre-set limit.
- At present drivers can receive traffic information by calling one of many jam-busting hot lines or via in-car systems such as Trafficmaster.
- Good examples here include high street coffee shops and in-car satellite navigation systems.
- Aasco Motorsports will carry three in-car cameras to highlight all of the action.
- Currently the market for in-car navigation systems is small and limited to high-end or luxury cars.
- With traffic information revenues appearing flat at best, growth efforts now encompass in-car navigation, vehicle tracking and fleet service systems.
- But other in-car gadgets, such as GPS systems, stereos and DVD players have been branded as dangerous distractions for motorists.
- At that point he activated the in-car audio recording system and decided to call for back up.
- With a sheer flood of devices announced every month we decided it was time to scour the market and find out what such systems are capable of for in-car navigation.
- It worked only fitfully, and the discs failed to work in some kinds of CD players, notably in-car systems.
- Also on offer is an in-car DVD system with back-of-headrest monitor and headphones, which is fully removable for use in the home.
- Wolfson also sells chips to TomTom, the Dutch-owned maker of in-car navigation systems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.