In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
adjetivo & adverbio
- Manipulating the in utero environment may alter the onset of cancers that appear later in the lives of mammals, according to a new University of Toronto study published in the journal Carcinogenesis.
- Her first heartbeat, first kick, every in utero move - all broadcast to a network of family and friends.
- Among children who had at some time in their lives smoked daily for a month or more, those exposed in utero to a mother's pack-a-day smoking had double the odds of progressing to addiction.
- It appears that in utero exposure to nicotine may help to perpetuate a cycle across generations that links addiction and behavioral problems.
- The likelihood of the fetus contracting an in utero infection depends on several factors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.