In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Finally, he says, people's inactive lifestyles have also contributed to the problem.
- All of these changes may be more pronounced if you've led an inactive lifestyle.
- I've actually grown to appreciate my rest days because I don't view them as lazy, inactive days, but rather as free, unstructured ones.
- The Edinburgh teenager is one of a growing number of children whose inactive lifestyles are leading to spinal injuries.
- This may have confined him to a wheelchair for all of his 31 years, but it hasn't restricted him to an inactive lifestyle.
- I'm just about coming to the end of this lazy, inactive period.
- We also know that being physically inactive is a major risk factor in the development of coronary artery disease.
- Given our current inactive lifestyle, it's necessary to give your health a serious thought.
- You should remain physically inactive for at least 1.5 hours after every time you have consumed some fresh raw fish or egg yolk.
- Over 50% of all Canadians are physically inactive.
- Although married men are more likely to be overweight or even obese, married adults are less likely to smoke, drink heavily or be physically inactive.
- ‘We concentrate a lot on co-ordination and mobility because as we get older we loose our co-ordination if we become inactive,’ said Mrs Smith.
- In fact, individuals who introduced moderate activity to their formerly inactive lifestyles noticed the most pronounced benefits.
- Despite this, inactive lifestyles and overeating remain the norm for most Americans, as illustrated by the rising epidemic of obesity over the past three decades.
- In fact, if their work-outs encourage other young people to take more exercise at a time when there is concern about too many members of that generation being physically inactive, it could well do some good.
- Being physically inactive (less than 30 minutes of activity a day) greatly increases your chances of getting chronic diseases.
- Helping women make the shift from an inactive to an active lifestyle can have important health benefits.
- Here we are in an inactive country, and we don't play physical games as a matter of course, and so our exposure to physical hurt is minimal, and very shocking therefore when it comes.
- This whole change of lifestyle is leading to a very inactive population.
- The more active group was found to have a 23 percent lower chance of catching a cold than the physically inactive group, with risk reduction most pronounced in the autumn.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.