In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ensalmo masculinoconjuro masculino
- With great solemnity, they prepared the sleeping body of Miri with magic charms and incantations, and called upon the ancestors and the gods to call away Karkameni.
- People use various methods to protect themselves from it and to treat the symptoms: amulets, charms, talismans, spells, incantations, vows and sacrifices, and so on.
- The general consensus is to take the word to mean ‘the use of magic potions and charms in incantations and degraded religious practices’.
- Nucharangua shook him off, and quickly chanted the incantation for the cage spell.
- Just as he started the incantation of the escape spell, the door swung open.
- But inside, there were all kinds of unbelievable spells, incantations, charms, potion recipes, and information about magic.
- The song was hypnotic, the words felt like an incantation, a Latin mass for suburbia.
- Book III proposes licit remedies against charms and incantations, and considers whether it is true that sorcerers have the power to heal.
- He dug through his list of incantations, invocations and other such spells to little avail.
- Mindy obtains a Taoist Magic book and uses the spells and incantations within to reverse her mother's fortunes.
- The work is full of magic incantations and spells and is now known to be of European origin.
- Study of primitive peoples who believe in the supernatural can produce many examples of the results of incantations, potions, charms, rites or invocations.
- This old volume was a Spell Tome, full of ancient secrets of magical healing, useful incantations and protective charms.
- Upon reaching the top, Shield once again chanted an incantation and opened the doorway to the outside world.
- Any spell with an incantation has the ability to backfire if even one word in the chant is pronounced wrong.
- He started chanting the incantation of a dark spell, full of ugly guttural sounds.
- Along with the spells, charms, incantations, and potion recipes, there were manuals, instructions, factoids, magical messages, and even stories.
- He was activating the Sepfeer talisman that was inside as he began to chant the incantation for the spell he was about to cast.
- He raised his arms into the air and chanted the incantation for a fireball.
- Both were then attached to the nail of the ring finger of a virgin who said a special series of words - an incantation, a spell or a prayer perhaps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.