In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1incentivo masculinoaliciente masculinoestímulo masculinothey need to be given an incentive — hay que incentivarlos
- a cash incentive — un incentivo en efectivo / en metálico
- he had no incentive to diet — no tenía ningún aliciente / incentivo para hacer régimen
- before noun incentive bonus — prima de incentivación
- incentive scheme — plan de incentivos
- Where's the incentive to improve things when everything is handed to them on a platter?
- If bad deeds are encouraged and condoned, this merely provides an incentive for them to multiply.
- Success and failure are both the necessary incentives to learn and to grow.
- The bill seeks to offer incentives for farmers to open their land for hunting.
- This eliminates incentives for the political abuse of the courts and it makes the laws enforceable.
- Since there really is no good reason for you buy this stuff I'm providing an incentive to do so.
- One way to encourage children is to give them an incentive or reward if they do well in their exams.
- Perhaps they need the incentive of seeing the team improve and develop in other areas to sustain their effort.
- Extra incentives will also be offered to childcare providers to encourage them to set up in areas of high need.
- Secondly, serious incentives need to be in place to encourage donations not only of money but also of property.
- What we would like to hear next is an improvement in incentives for teachers.
- York residents are set to be offered incentives to encourage them to recycle more of their household waste.
- One problem is lack of incentive for employers - especially small employers - to take on apprentices.
- Potential clients are lured into opening accounts with all sorts of gimmicks as incentives.
- Childcare grants are among a range of incentives geared at encouraging more parents to run for district council seats.
- As well as the natural health benefits, the patient also gets motivation and incentives for better health.
- Carnival organisers laid on extra incentives to make the event more attractive to entrants this time around.
- He said that this is an added incentive for farmers to make use of the facility.
- Customers finally have an incentive to actually test Linux and open source software.
- Without hunting, there would be less incentive for farmers to conserve wildlife habitat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.